Thursday, January 7, 2010

thinking in years.

i'm happy. not a whole lot gets me down these days. except maybe the weather. i enjoyed some crucial hangs over the holidays.. relaxed in an unrestful sort of way. i've somehow snagged the coolest friends in this city, and i love both my jobs. yet, i can't shake this feeling of urgency: i need out. things are getting too comfortable. i need to move.. see new places.. experience new things.. when i'm sitting on my laptop i find myself surfing different airlines, scoping for deals.

one of these days..

just finished my first graphic novel.. alice in sunderland.. and now feel the need to go to sunderland. or just england, or whatever. a friend and i were discussing that it did seem too coincidental that one wouldn't even need a work visa to go over there for some time.. i also coincidentally have a wonderful cousin just south in scotland.. and several friends in germany.. korea.. newzealand.. there is also the family in the bahamas.. my host family in haddonfield.. philadelphia.. montreal.. vancouver..

i'm trying to convince my boss to open up a store in new york. she'd have both a devoted employee as well as night security - i'd be sleeping there, as rent in the apple is expensive. i wouldn't charge for security, she'd be getting a stellar deal. so far she hasn't taken the bait.

my situation spawned when i started thinking of my life in years. here we are, 2010. i've been gearing up to start school again soon. still have a long ways to go.. then i keep wondering if i will be here for that whole time.. then we're talking years.. and i'm out. i can't do years right now. months is all i can promise. i don't know why i am this way. but i just know that i need adventure and change. i remember why i always missed home while away; now i'm missing nomadic life. and i don't want to get comfortable until my body wont let me be otherwise.

2 comments:

jessie said...

life is quite the predicament isn't it?
you want one thing..when you get it...you don't want it anymore.
bahhh.

Alicia Slywka said...

we are on the same wave length.
i don't want to be comfortable; i don't want to be stuck

lets do tea more often