Thursday, August 6, 2009

adjusting.

tomorrow marks two weeks at home. it's impossible to explain what i've gone through during those 14 days. a rollercoaster of emotions.. nothing beat the excitement of walking through that airport terminal knowing that my family was waiting for me on the other side. that night, the college house hangs were amazing. but by the end of that night the only word that i could use to describe my feeling was overwhelmed. by the end of the weekend i became overly anxious and actually had terrible anxiety from the thought of running into familiar faces while i was downtown. some unnecessary pressure i'd put on myself for some unknown reason.. i escaped to the farm for a week of garden veggies and hangs with the relatives. came back somewhat refreshed, but still with a feeling of urgency, like this wasn't going to last. there was need to keep up a hectic pace. i have finally reassured myself that with my fund situation, i'm hardly getting out of regina, nevermind the country.. so i will be seeing a lot of these people in the months to come.

my daily routine seems far too lonely without the solid company of stacy. it's been an action-packed few weeks, but when things slow down i can only think of how much i miss her. i lucked out with some pretty sweet friends.

1 comment:

April said...

Love ya and sorry to have missed you while you were in Bdn. We've all been under the weather. Hope to see you next time. I hope all signs of anxiety are lifting off your shoulders. ♥