Monday, August 22, 2011

window watching.

i've been sitting in front of the window. it's cloudy outside, and i've been watching the trains come and go from the station; imagining all the people travelling in and out, interacting and acting out their lives. it's really quite interesting to have a God's eye view of all the little humans and how they affect and effect each other.

things have been continuing to progress here in van.. meeting lots of people, working.. the house is slowly starting to feel like a home.. not mine exactly yet.. but it's somebody's, and i'm in it.

things are changing. too fast for my liking or sanity. i feel momentarily stabilized and like i'm finding my footing in this city, and then just as quickly the rug is pulled out from under me and i'm free falling in self-doubt and uncertainty. i'm not exactly sure what my next move is going to be but there are several decisions very pertinent to my happiness that i'm going to have to deal with in the next few weeks. it's like a quarter-life crisis. good thing my best friend is showing up in the next few weeks.. and that mom promised she would call me soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey sister! Just checked the blog for the first time in a while, and it was nice to catch up to what you've been up to! Missing you muchly, but sounds like you're keeping yourself very busy in Van!
Heading to the farm for the long wknd, so will get a chance to give you a call! Hope you're around :) Hope this finds you well and happy as ever, love you!! Ang xoxo

Anonymous said...

Oh my darling Mel!!! Sorry I took so long to call you! We miss all your energy and stories down here on the farm as we all gather together!! Love you Mom xoxo